Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $134.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCell Signaling presents the principles and components that underlie all kwn signaling processes. It provides undergraduate and graduate students the conceptual tools needed to make sense of the dizzying array of pathways used by the cell to communicate. By emphasizing the common design principles, components, and logic that drives all signaling, the book develops a conceptual framework through which students can understand how thousands of diverse signaling proteins interact with each other in vast interconnected networks. The book first examines the common currencies of cellular information processing and the core components of the signaling machinery. It then shows how these individual components link together into networks and pathways to perform more sophisticated tasks. Many specific examples are provided throughout to illustrate common principles, and provide a comprehensive overview of major eukaryotic signaling pathways.
- Author BiographyWendell Lim is at the University of California, San Francisco, where he is Professor of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology. The principal focus of his research is the structure and mechanism of protein interaction domains and the logic by which these components are used to build complex cellular signaling systems. Bruce Mayer is at the University of Connecticut Health Center, where he is a Professor of Genetics and Developmental Biology. Current work in his group focuses on characterizing and manipulating tyrosine kinase-mediated signal transduction pathways. Anthony Pawson, deceased, was Senior Investigator and Director of Research in the Department of Medical Genetics and Microbiology at the University of Toronto where his research focused on the molecular dissection and functional significance of protein-protein interactions in signal transduction.
- Author(s)Bruce Mayer,Tony Pawson,Wendell Lim
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGarland Publishing Inc
- Content Note340 colour illustrations
- Weight884 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.