CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for the cellist looking for an approach that demystifies cello playing, Cello, Bow and You is an invative text in the field of string pedagogy written by a 40+ year veteran of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra and certified teacher of the Alexander Technique. Author Evangeline Benedetti has a unique voice and approach, and invites cellists of all levels to explore, make discoveries and organically internalize technique. Benedetti's approach compliments the work that students do with their teachers by encouraging them to be more aware of themselves and responsive to internal and external guidance. The book is organized as its playful title implies. In the Cello and Bow sections, Benedetti explores the natural physical and mechanical properties of the instrument and bow, the laws of movement, the influence of gravity, and the dynamic interaction between them. The You, or the one who plays, is explored from the point of view of the player's musical conception, anatomy, and principles of movement based on the Alexander Technique and bio-mechanics. Cello, Bow and You allows students and professionals access to Benedetti's vast performance and teaching experience. She has pioneered an approach to playing that is a synthesis of the cellist's musical thought, the kwledge of the dynamic properties of the instrument and bow, and the ability to move effectively according to the mechanics of the human body. The synergy of these elements leads to physically healthy playing and frees players to be musically expressive. Written in engaging, informal prose, the book is a must-read for cellists and cello teachers - beginning, intermediate, or professional.
- Author BiographyEvangeline Benedetti has been a member of the New York Philharmonic for more than 40 years. She is also a cello teacher and practitioner of the Alexander Technique.
- Author(s)Evangeline Benedetti
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight10 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.