Cellular Communications Explained: From Basics to 3G by Ian Poole (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.60+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the many books published on 3G and cellular telecommunications, this introduction stands out due to its broad coverage of the subject and straightforward explanations of the principles and applications using a minimum of maths. Writing as an engineer for engineers, Ian Poole provides a systems-level view of the fundamentals that will enhance the understanding of engineers involved working in this fast-paced field. Equally, the book helps students, technicians and equipment manufacturers to gain a working kwledge of the applications and techlogies involved in cellular communications equipment and networks. The book focuses on the latest 2G, 2.5G and 3G techlogies, including GSM (with GPRS and EDGE), NA-TDMA, cdmaOne (IS-95), CDMA2000 and UMTS (W-CDMA), with material on developing areas such as HSDPA. The fundamentals of radio propagation, modulation and cellular basics are also covered in a way that will give readers a real grasp of how cellular communications systems and equipment work. It explains the principles and applications of cellular communications systems using a minimum of mathematics, providing a firm grounding for engineers, technicians and students. It covers current techlogies (2G, 2.5G) alongside 3G and other cutting-edge techlogies, making this essential reading, t crystal ball gazing! It provides coverage of fundamentals and whole systems, as well as equipment. It also provides a wide kwledge base for engineers and technicians working in different parts of the industry: handset designers, network planners, maintenance technicians, technical sales, etc.
- Author BiographyIan Poole is an established electronics engineering consultant with considerable experience in the communications and cellular markets. He is the author of a number books on radio and electronics and he has contributed to many magazines in the UK and worldwide. He is also winner of the inaugural Bill Orr Award for technical writing from the ARRL.
- Author(s)Ian Poole
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication08/02/2006
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNewnes (an imprint of Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd )
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight392 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.