All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe characterization of the cellular and molecular mechanisms that mediate inflammation provides a foundation that supports future studies that will de- fine mechanisms more intimately. It encourages substantial optimism about the opportunities to understand the inflammatory process and to use that information to develop vel therapeutic approaches. Recent progress has defined the cells that mediate the inflammatory response, many of the inter- cellular transmitters, the receptors, signal transduction processes and regula- tory mechanisms. Thus, we w have the opportunity to understand inflammation in pharmacologic terms and to attack the key molecular targets to develop new therapeutics. Among the cells involved in the inflammatory response are the lympho- cytes, neutrophils and endothelial cells. Maintenance of homeostasis, re- sponse to proinflammatory stimuli and pathophysiologic responses are products of complex interactions between these and other elements of the immune systems. Each of these cells displays a variety of receptors to define the stimuli to which they respond. The receptors displayed that the signal transduction processes and cellular responses are regulated genetically and epigenetic ally . The critical role of membranes and particularly the phospho- lipid components of the membranes is emphasized by recent studies.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/03/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Therapeutics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byGeorge Poste,Stanley T. Crooke
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.