All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCemetery Tours and Programming: A Guide shows the range and opportunities of cemetery programming which go beyond the basic starting points like dog-walking or traditional historic walking tours. While most cemeteries do t have a large paid staff, the book is accessible to anyone (a paid staff, volunteers, a Friends Group, or museum or historical society) looking to broaden the scope of how their local cemetery is utilized. While other books guide readers through the symbolism present in cemeteries or how to use a cemetery for genealogy, this is the only one on developing programming in cemeteries. It illustrates the reuses of both historic and contemporary burial grounds through the lenses of recreation, education, and reflection.
- Author BiographyRachel Wolgemuth has an academic background in American Studies with a focus on folklore and material culture. She has over a decade of experience at a historic cemetery outside of Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Rachel Wolgemuth
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleAmerican Association for State & Local History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight449 g
- Width157 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.