All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionCemetery Tours and Programming: A Guide shows the range and opportunities of cemetery programming which go beyond the basic starting points like dog-walking or traditional historic walking tours. While most cemeteries do t have a large paid staff, the book is accessible to anyone (a paid staff, volunteers, a Friends Group, or museum or historical society) looking to broaden the scope of how their local cemetery is utilized. While other books guide readers through the symbolism present in cemeteries or how to use a cemetery for genealogy, this is the only one on developing programming in cemeteries. It illustrates the reuses of both historic and contemporary burial grounds through the lenses of recreation, education, and reflection.
- Author BiographyRachel Wolgemuth has an academic background in American Studies with a focus on folklore and material culture. She has over a decade of experience at a historic cemetery outside of Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Rachel Wolgemuth
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleAmerican Association for State & Local History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight449 g
- Width157 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.