All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionProviding a quick resource whenever and wherever you need it, CENGAGE ADVANTAGE BOOKS: THE SPEAKER'S COMPACT HANDBOOK, 5th Edition, equips you with the essential information, tips, and tools you need to be an effective public speaker. Its spiral-bound, quick-reference format makes the handbook easy to use. Each succinct chapter can stand alone, allowing you to easily jump exactly to the topic you need to help you create a great speech. Drawing from academic research and practical experience, the handbook walks you step by step through the entire speechmaking process. Five student-friendly features--Key Points, Quick Tips, Checklists, Web Links, and Critical Thinking Questions--help you stay on track throughout the speech-building process.
- Author BiographyDavid Bodary is a professor of Communication at Sinclair Community College in Dayton, Ohio, where he teaches public speaking and coordinates the Service Learning office. He belongs to both the National Communication Association (NCA) and the Central States Communication Association. Dr. Bodary has served in a variety of roles for both organizations and is pleased to have participated in the NCA Learning Outcomes in Communication project. He earned his bachelor's from Eastern Michigan University and a master's and doctorate from Wayne State University. Douglas Stuart is Vice President of Technical and Marketing Publications at FirstTel Systems Corporation. Jo Sprague is professor emeritus of Communication Studies at San Jose State University, where she also served as associate director of the Center for Faculty Development and Support. In addition, she is a former president of the Western States Communication Association. Her research focuses on critiquing, teaching, and the scholarship of speech communications.
- Author(s)David Bodary,Douglas Stuart,Jo Sprague
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width125 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.