All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of sixty-three essays provides assistance to the growing number of students, teachers, librarians, and parents who find themselves confronting a censorship situation. The contributors are both authors-of fiction, drama, and poetry for adults, children, and adolescents-and teachers of literature, writing about the books that are most frequently challenged in schools and libraries.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Kean, Professor of Curriculum and Instruction, University of Wisconsin-Madison, has taught and published articles on children's and young adult literature, the teaching of writing, and censorship in the schools. He has been a member and chair of the NCTE Committee Against Censorship and a member of the CEE Commission on Intellectual Freedom and the IRA Advisory Committee on Intellectual Freedom. The late Lee Burress, Professor Emeritus, English, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, taught and published on American literature, folklore, composition, and literary censorship and was a member and chair of the NCTE Committee Against Censorship. He was author, co-author, or co-editor of Battle of the Books (Scarecrow, 1989); Celebrating Censored Books (with Nicholas Karolides); How Censorship Affects the School and Other Essays; and The Student's Right to Know (with Edward Jenkinson). Nicholas Karolides is Professor of English and Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Wisconsin-River Falls. His recent books include Reader Response in the Classroom, Evoking and Interpreting Literature in the Classroom, Focus on Physical Impairments, and Focus on Fitness (with Melissa Karolides).
- Author(s)Jean M. Kean,Lee Burress,Nicholas J. Karolides
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/05/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight576 g
- Width137 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.