All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $48.06Trending at AU $49.69
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionTruly original, CENSORING AN IRANIAN LOVE STORY is an incredibly imaginative yet always charming love story set in contemporary Iran that crackles with wit, verve and social comment: Sara falls in love with Dara through secret messages hidden in code in the pages of books that have been outlawed, but then something quite extraordinary and unexpected happens. Through adeptly handled asides to the reader, as well as anecdotes, codes and metaphors, and cheeky references to the wonderfully rich Iranian literary heritage, the vel builds to offer a revealing yet often playful and hopeful comment on the pressures of writing within the tightly prescribed Islamic regime, pressures that naturally are heightened where affairs of the heart are concerned.
- Author BiographyShahriar Mandanipour was born in 1957 in Shiraz and has had fiction and non-fiction published in Iran, although his work was banned between 1992 and 1998; he is regarded as one of Iran's most accomplished and successful writers. He is currently a visiting scholar at Harvard.
- PrizesWinner of Muslim Writers Awards: Published Novel 2011.
- Author(s)Shahriar Mandanipour
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight206 g
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Translated bySara Khalili
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.