All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionCensorship was once a predictable topic, dividing liberals and conservatives down the middle on issues like obscenity and national security. Today, the debate over the regulation of speech offers such easy dichotomy, with feminists joining forces with religious fundamentalists to control porgraphy, and abortion rights advocates seeking to restrict clinic demonstrations while prolife groups defend their freedom to picket. Underlying this trend is a fundamental intellectual shift--exemplified by the work of Michel Foucault--that holds that the state is t the only agent of censorship. The thirteen contributors here explore the topic of censorship from the viewpoint of numerous disciplines and viewpoints.
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication01/04/1998
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleIssues & Debates
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGetty Research Institute,U.S.
- Content Note15 b&w illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRobert C. Post
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.