All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book invites readers on a journey through time, to explore the multifaceted history of Central Asia. Through transcontinental passages such as the Silk Road, the book provides links among the major civilizations of China, India, Persia, and the Mediterranean, which in turn influences the characteristics of the region and beyond. For over seven thousand years, Central Asian residents have left a record of distinguished cultural artifacts. Like creators and invators of any age or period, they sought to respond as creatively as possible to the necessities of their societies as a whole, and those of their individual patrons. In doing so they have given us a timeless source through which we can detect the dynamic stages of their creativity throughout history, as well as the breadth of our own rich cultural and artistic heritage.
- Author BiographyDr. Ardi Kia is the award winning cofounder and codirector of Central and Southwest Asian Studies Program, (CSWA Center), at The University of Montana.
- Author(s)Ardi Kia
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note17 black & white halftones
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.