Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the men and women who live and work on some of Australia's most remote cattle stations, as they share their stories. Have you ever wondered what it's like living a day's drive from the nearest supermarket? Or having a million-acre backyard, with your next-door neighbours a two-hour drive away? These compelling true stories from the popular Central Station blog will open your eyes to what outback life is really like - and why many wouldn't live anywhere else. There are yarns from bosses, station cooks, ringers, single mums, kids, governesses, chopper pilots and more, told with humour, self-deprecation - and pride in a job well done. There are tales of mustering, stock camps, working dogs, rogue cattle and hard bloody yakka, but also the fun of a bush wedding or kicking back at a campdraft. There's the simple wonder of living in an amazing landscape, but also the downside: the ravages of flood, fire and drought. And always there's the inherent danger of isolation - times when the Flying Doctor came to the rescue, but also times when lives have been tragically cut short. A vivid, honest picture of outback life: the good, the bad - and the dusty!
- PublisherABC Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintABC Books
- Weight504 g
- Width180 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byJane Sale,Stephanie Coombes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.