All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA diverse range of essays, new discoveries and book reviews on the latest research of interest to ceramics scholars Now in its thirteenth year of publication, Ceramics in America is considered the journal of record for historical ceramics scholarship in the American context and is intended for collectors, historical archaeologists, curators, decorative arts students, social historians, and contemporary potters. This year's Ceramics in America is on the cutting edge of Southern material-culture scholarship and ceramics studies. It weaves the sherds of pots past with surviving vessels and documentary evidence to enrich our understanding of the field. -Daniel K. Ackermann, Associate Curator, Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts at Old Salem Museums& Gardens Ceramics in America opens a window into most aspects of American life: public and private, imported and native, industrial and aesthetic, social and ecomic-and on all cultures betwixt and between. -Philip Zea, President, Historic Deerfield, Inc.
- Author BiographyRobert Hunter is a fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London and and archaeologist and ceramic historian living in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA.
- PublisherChipstone Foundation
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChipstone Foundation
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, colour illustrations, figures
- Weight1792 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byRobert Hunter
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.