All listings for this product
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
About this product
- DescriptionContrary to the neurological manifestations of arterial cerebral blood flow disturbances, respective conditions resulting fram obstruction of the cerebro-veus system are far less well understood. Hence, cerebral sinus vein thrombosis (CSVT) ranks prominently among the group of neglected diseases of the brain. This might be attributable (a) to the diagstic difficulties of the disorder and (b) to the fact that CSVT is associated with a host of heterogeneous neurological symptoms which often are t specific for the underlying veus flow disorder. Ather complicating aspect is that CSVT is a consequence of other diseases as disparate as focal infection, trauma, neoplasia, or a thrombosis disposition caused by oral contraceptive use. Although progress has been made in establishing the correct diagsis of the syndrome, many problems remain as the discussions contained within this volume vividly demonstrate. The same is true for the present understanding of the pathophysiological basis of the disease, eg, concerning the cerebro-veus circulation, the hemodynamic and neuropathological consequences in particular. Part of these deficits may be attributed to a scarcity of solid experimental data due to the limited availability of animal models. However, relevant experimental models are required for an in-depth analysis of the pathophysiological mechanisms, eg, causing brain tissue damage in relationship with the topographical distribution of the veus flow obstruction and, most importantly, for the testing of specific methods of treatment.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note106 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight478 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byA. Baethmann,K. Einhaupl,O. Kempski
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.