All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the relationship between performance and play? Between performance and techlogy? Between performance and death? Certain Fragments is an extraordinary exploration of what lies at the heart of contemporary theatre. Written by the artistic director of Forced Entertainment, ackwledged to be Britains most brilliant experimental theatre company (Guardian), Certain Fragments investigates the processes of devising performance, the role of writing in an interdisciplinary theatre, and the influence of the city on contemporary art practice. Tim Etchells unique and provocative voice shifts from intimate anecdote to critical analysis and back again. And as in his theatre-making so in his book: with Certain Fragments Etchells disrupts traditional tions of creative, academic, and intellectual work. The book is an exciting and radical fusion of story-telling and criticism. It also makes available, for the first time, four seminal Forced Entertainment texts by Etchells.
- Author BiographyTim Etchells is a writer, director and artist best known for his work leading Forced Entertainment. Based in Sheffield Etchells has written extensively on new performance and installation.
- Author(s)Peggy Phelan,Tim Etchells
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/1999
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 b&w illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byPeggy Phelan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.