All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionCesar Franck (1822-1890) was one of the most remarkable composers of the 19th century, and yet 38 years have elapsed since a biography of him last appeared in English. Now, with Cesar Franck: His Life and Times, R. J. Stove fills this critical gap in the history of late 19th-century classical music with a full-length study of the man and his music. This book draws on numerous sources never before cited in English, painting a picture of a great musician and deeply loved man, whose influence in both his native and adopted lands was exceptional. Cesar Franck: His Life and Times is an engagingly written biography sure to interest classical music listeners of all stripes.
- Author BiographyR. J. Stove is an organist who has publicly performed several of Cesar Franck's pieces. He is also the author of articles on a variety of musical topics, which have seen publication in Modern Age, The University Bookman, The New Criterion, Organ Australia, Britain's Musical Times, and other periodicals. His books include A Student's Guide to Music History (2007), The Unsleeping Eye (2003), and Prince of Music (1990).
- Author(s)R. J. Stove
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication08/12/2011
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white halftones
- Weight690 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.