Cesarean Section: Understanding and Celebrating Your Baby's Birth by Caroline De Costa, Michele C. Moore (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.30+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionOne in four babies born in the United States and Europe comes into the world via Cesarean section. Yet this procedure has been described by critics as an unnecessary and potentially dangerous medical intervention. Consequently, expectant mothers often fear this option, and women who have had C-sections can feel a sense of failure. In Cesarean Section: Understanding and Celebrating Your Baby's Birth, Drs. Michele Moore and Caroline de Costa emphasize the joy of delivering a healthy baby, however that is best achieved. They explain why Cesarean births are sometimes preferable to vaginal delivery for both mother and baby, and they help women understand the issues behind the decision to perform the procedure. From anesthesia, surgery, and recovery through at-home care of mother and child, the authors offer reassurance and practical information for all mothers and mothers-to-be. They also discuss the latest findings on postpartum depression and planning for future births, including the possibility of vaginal birth after a Cesarean section. For every woman who has a planned-or unplanned-Cesarean section, this book provides the information they need to alleviate their fears and come to value this delivery option. Because up to a quarter of all births are Cesarean births, prenatal preparation should include information about Cesarean sections for every woman. And that is why we have written this guide...We believe strongly that it is time to speak out and say that Cesarean section is a rmal birth method and that women who have a Cesarean section should t be made to feel that they have failed...We hope you find the information in this book useful and helpful in thinking about C-section, whether you have already had a Cesarean and want to understand the experience better, you wish to plan for ather C-section birth, or you are expecting a baby and want to be informed about all the possibilities ahead, including this other rmal way of bringing a baby into the world. -from the Introduction
- Author BiographyMichele Moore, MD, FAAFP, is a physician who emphasizes integrated preventive health care, focusing on chronic illnesses, allergies, environmental medicine, and acupuncture. She was written and lectured extensively on women's health care and holistic medicine, and is the author of The Only Menopause Guide You'll Need, also available from Johns Hopkins. Caroline de Costa, MD, FRCOG, FRACOG, MPH, is a practicing obstetrician and professor of obstetrics and gynecology at James Cook University Medical School, Cairns, Australia.
- Author(s)Caroline De Costa,Michele C. Moore
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2003
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note13, 13 black & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.