All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Cezanne was one of the greatest of the French impressionist painters. This delightful book follows his son, also called Paul, as he travels to the mountains to spend a summer with his father. He discovers that his father, a very large man, paints the natural world with a passion that few can understand. But one day they meet an art dealer in a village who offers to try to sell some of the paintings in Paris ...the rest is history. The reader gains a real insight into Cezanne the man through the eyes of a child - sometimes frightening, fastidious (he won't touch other people), warm-hearted, driven by a passion for his art. And it provides a vivid introduction to Cezanne's work, with reproductions of his most famous paintings incorporated in the illustrations.
- Author BiographyLAURENCE ANHOLT has created over 200 books for children, published in over 30 languages. His Anholt's Artists series includes Camille and the Sunflowers, Degas and the Little Dancer, Leonard and the Flying Boy, Picasso and the Girl with a Ponytail, The Magical Garden of Claude Monet, Tell Us a Story, Papa Chagall and Cezanne and the Apple Boy. He has collaborated on numerous picture books with his wife, artist Catherine Anholt, including the Chimp and Zee series, also published by Frances Lincoln. Laurence has won numerous awards, including the Nestle Smarties Gold Award on two occasions. He lives in Colyton, Devon.
- Author(s)Laurence Anholt
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleAnholt's Artists
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Width230 mm
- Height290 mm
- Illustrator(s)Laurence Anholt
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.