Chadwick's Child Maltreatment: Volume 2: Sexual Abuse and Psychological Maltreatment by STM Learning (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $322.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $287.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition of the landmark reference Child Maltreatment?w titled Chadwick's Child Maltreatment?offers a comprehensive view of the signs and aftermath of physical and sexual abuse, neglect, and psychological maltreatment. Formerly presented as a 2-volume clinical guide and photographic atlas, this cutting-edge series has been divided into 3 definitive volumes: Physical Abuse and Neglect, Sexual Abuse and Psychological Maltreatment, and Cultures at Risk and Role of Professionals. Each book is supplemented by an atlas of clinically valuable case studies and images to assist in the identification, interpretation, and investigation of child maltreatment.
Chadwick's Child Maltreatment has been edited by some of the most prominent experts in the field, including child abuse specialist and pioneer Dr. David Chadwick. This newly revised series is specifically designed for professionals who are in positions to identify and respond to the plight of child maltreatment and its many adverse effects on children and families.
Dr. Chadwick and his collaborators have expended great effort to present relevant, updated clinical text in the fourth edition, which includes 1950 pages and 1976 images.
Key benefits and features of Chadwick's Child Maltreatment include:
- New! Over 350 new photographs to help practicing professionals identify various incidents of child maltreatment.
- New! Seven new chapters including: Volume 2, Chapter 5, Sexual Behaviors in Children,Volume 2, Chapter 6, Therapy Approaches in Sexually Abused Children,Volume 2, Chapter 7, Positive and Negative Findings and What They Mean,Volume 2, Chapter 9, Understanding Resilience,Volume 2, Chapter 10, Lifelong and Life-Limiting Effects of Child Maltreatment,Volume 3, Chapter 10, Prosecution of Child Maltreatment,and Volume 3, Chapter 23, Public Health. Volume 3, Chapter 2, Risk of the Internet, has been completely revised to reflect the fast-paced growth of the role of techlogy in our society.
- Combined clinical guide and photographic atlas in each book for easier access to information.
- Multidisciplinary focus to support collaboration among health care, law enforcement, social work, child protection, and court-related professionals.
Volume Two in the fourth edition of Chadwick's Child Maltreatment series provides a comprehensive review of the signs and effects of sexual abuse and psychological maltreatment toward children. The clinical text includes new and revised content on topics that are critical to the effective assessment and treatment of sexually and psychologically abused victims.
More than 30 medical experts collaborated to provide the latest clinical data and research on topics including interviewing children, sexually transmitted infections, psychological assessment and treatment approaches, and developmental aspects of the young, among others.
The clinical portion of the text is accompanied by a photographic atlas in the back of the book, which contains current cases studies and more than 300 images and illustrations that document instances of sexual abuse, equipment used by professionals for the documentation of cases, and concepts of psychological maltreatment and developmental health issues.
Peer-reviewed by experts in the field, Sexual Abuse and Psychological Maltreatment is a comprehensive resource to support health care, law enforcement, social work, child protection, and court-related professionals in their ongoing efforts to identify and prevent sexual abuse and psychological maltreatment of incent victims.
Key Features and Benefits:
- New! Over 100 new photographs to help practicing professionals identify and treat various incidents of sexual abuse and psychological maltreatment.
- PublisherSTM Learning
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSaint Louis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSTM Learning
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1792 g
- Width229 mm
- Height294 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAngelo P. Giardino,David L. Chadwick,Debra Esernio-Jenssen,Jonathan D. Thackeray,Randell Alexander
- Edition Statement4th
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.