All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe advent of H -control was a truly remarkable invation in multivariable theory. It eliminated the classical/modern dichotomy that had been a major source of the long-standing skepticism about the applicability of modern control theory, by amalgamating the philosophy of classical design with computation based on the state-space problem setting. It enhanced the application by deepening the theory mathematically and logically, t by weakening it as was done by the reformers of modern control theory in the early 1970s. The purpose of this book is to provide a natural theoretical framework that is understandable with little mathematical background. The tion of chain-scattering, well kwn in classical circuit theory, but new to control theorists, plays a fundamental role in this book. It captures an essential feature of the control systems design, reducing it to a J-lossless factorization, which leads naturally to the idea of H-infinity-control. The J-lossless conjugation, an essentially new tion in linear system theory, then provides a powerful tool for computing this factorization. Thus the chain-scattering representation, the J-lossless factorization, and the J-lossless conjugation are the three key tions that provide the thread of development in this book. The book is completely self contained and requires little mathematical background other than some familiarity with linear algebra. It will be useful to applied mathematicians and practicing engineers in control system design and as a text for a graduate course in H -control and its applications.
- Author BiographyHidenori Kimura is a Director of the RIKEN BSI-Toyota Collaboration Center, a Council Member of IFAC representing Japan, an associate member of Scientific Council of Japan, and Principal Fellow of the Center for Research and Development Strategy, Japan Science and Technology Agency. He is a Fellow of SICE, IEEE, and IFAC, and has been awarded SICE paper awards four times, the IFAC Paper Prize twice, and the George Axelby Award in 1984. Most recently, he has received the 2011-14 Giorgio Quazza Medal from IFAC.
- Author(s)Hidenori Kimura
- PublisherBirkhauser Boston Inc
- Date of Publication23/03/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleModern Birkhauser Classics
- Place of PublicationSecaucus
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBirkhauser Boston Inc
- Content Notebiography
- Weight370 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.