Chains and Freedom; Or the Life and Adventures of Peter Wheeler: A Colored Man Yet Living; A Slave in Chains, a Sailor on the Deep, a Sinner at the Cross (Classic Reprint) by Edwards Lester the Mountain Wild Flower (Paperback / softback, 2015)
More listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Chains and Freedom; Or the Life and Adventures of Peter Wheeler: A Colored Man Yet Living; A Slave in Chains, a Sailor on the Deep, a Sinner at the Cross The following Narrative was taken entirely from the lips of Peter Wheeler. I have in all instances given his own language, and faithfully recorded his story as he told it, without any change whatever. There are many astonishing facts related in this book, and before the reader finishes it, he will at least feel that Truth is stranger than fiction. But the truth of every thing here stated can be relied on. The subject of this story is well kwn to the author, who for a long time brake unto him the bread of life, as a brother in Christ, and beloved for the Redeemer's sake. There are, likewise, hundreds of living witnesses, who have for many years been acquainted with the man, and aware of the incidents here recorded, who cherish perfect confidence in his veracity. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Edwards Lester the Mountain Wild Flower
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.