All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrenda Conr dreamed of being a teacher her whole life. Recently graduated from college, she's thrilled when she gets a job as a public school math instructor. But her joy soon turns to despair when she realizes the job she dreamed of is something of a nightmare. First, the length of her employment is based on the results of a standardized test kwn as the FCAT. What's more, Brenda's students are disrespectful and uninterested in learning-and in spite of Brenda's phone calls, their parents don't care. The administration is determined that students must improve their test scores- matter the cost. Brenda quickly finds herself under the watchful eye of assistant principal, Mrs. Harrison, who-instead of offering her support-seeks to get rid of Brenda, documenting her performance in the classroom and threatening to place her on a professional disciplinary plan Brenda's only friend, Mr. Fisher, is also under evaluation. They are both thwarted at every turn, harassed via weekly interrogations and classroom reviews. Brenda's dream of being a teacher is vanishing before her eyes, and she must decide: are students worth fighting for, or will she give in to administrative pressure and quit before stress destroys her body and mind?
- Author(s)Barbara Maria Kovacs
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.