All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume explores the analytical possibilities of contrasting Brazil and the United Kingdom as examples of emerging and established powers, respectively. It is organised around several themes focusing on the roles of Brazil and the United Kingdom in the management of global ecomic governance, international development, international security, the politics of regional integration, global climate change governance, and the political leveraging of sports mega-events. Each chapter explores Brazil's and/or the UK's particular foreign policies and their resulting impact on these key areas of global governance and politics. The conceptual focus is on these states' motivations as either status-seekers (Brazil) or status-maintainers (UK) in the context of a fast moving international landscape. The chapters in this book directly or indirectly indicate that these states wish to draw attention to their aspiring or established positions as key global players through either visible foreign policy action and/or symbolic rhetoric. This book was originally published as a special issue of Global Society.
- Author BiographyMarco Vieira is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Birmingham, UK. He has published in leading journals such as Review of International Studies, Third World Quarterly, Environmental Politics, Foreign Policy Analysis and Global Governance. He is the co-author of The South in World Politics (2010). Jonathan Grix is a Reader in Sport Policy and Politics in the School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences and Director of the Sport Policy Centre at the University of Birmingham, UK. His latest books include Sport under Communism. Behind the East German Miracle (co-authored with Mike Dennis) (2012); Understanding UK Sport Policy in Context (co-edited with Lesley Phillpots), 2014) and Sport Politics: An Introduction (2016).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/04/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJonathan Grix,Marco Vieira
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.