All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBalla surveys and examines the challenges facing any attempt to write a New Testament theology and offers his own program for justifying such an undertaking. With a view toward uncovering a basic unity in the theology of the New Testament, Balla maps how the historian may indeed describe the theological content of the New Testament. He asserts that orthodoxy was t a later development but Christianity in its earliest form. He further avers that the can's formation was t the result of a late decision; rather, it can be traced to moorings in the first century. Sure to be controversial, Challenges to New Testament Theology holds great promise as a textbook in New Testament courses and as a starting point in the scholarly discussion of the topic.
- Author BiographyPeter Balla received his PhD from the University of Edinburgh. Since 1996 he has been chairperson of the New Testament department at the Karoli Gaspar Reformed University in Budapest.
- Author(s)Peter Balla
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.