All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is divided into five sections that, when taken together, offer an informative account of the impact of Ruth Rosner Kornhauser's Social Sources of Delinquency on the development of American crimilogical thought. This classic book was her major contribution to the field. Section I tells the story of Kornhauser's brief but influential academic career. Section II probes deeply into the specific ways in which she challenged crimilogical theory and the subsequent responses that were forthcoming. Section III then presents commentary on specific lines of inquiry inspired by Kornhauser's book and orientation to crimilogical theory. Section IV explores recent efforts to move beyond Kornhauser's insights on communities and crime. Section V concludes with three critical essays contending that Social Sources of Delinquency paid insufficient attention to criminal motivation, the role of opportunity in offending, and gangs and girls. This volume-authored by prominent scholars-shows that Kornhauser's way of thinking about crime continues to be a starting point for much crimilogical theory today.
- Author BiographyFrancis T. Cullen is distinguished professor of criminal justice and sociology at the University of Cincinnati, USA. Pamela Wilcox is professor of criminal justice at the University of Cincinnati, USA. Robert J. Sampson is Henry Ford II Professor of the Social Sciences at Harvard University, USA. Brendan D. Dooley is lecturer of criminology and criminal justice at the University of Maryland, USA.
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleAdvances in Criminological Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationSomerset, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byBrendan D. Dooley,Francis T. Cullen,Pamela Wilcox,Robert J. Sampson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.