All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThere are an estimated 42 million people worldwide living with HIV and AIDS. In the Caribbean, the statistics are alarming. After sub-Saharan Africa, the Caribbean has a higher HIV prevalence than any other area of the world. The need to control the spread of HIV is critical. Though medical advances have been successful in slowing the progress of the disease, there remains cure for HIV and AIDS. In Challenging HIV and AIDS , the contributors, players at various levels in the education sector across the Caribbean, weigh in on the value of education as a means to halt the spread of HIV and AIDS. The contributions are unique to the Caribbean experience and culture and address the root causes of the spread of the epidemic. Reducing igrance and the accompanying stigma and discrimination as well as addressing issues of sexuality through Health and Family Life Education in schools are identified as effective programmes in addressing the epidemic.
- PublisherIan Randle Publishers,Jamaica
- Date of Publication07/09/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationKingston
- Country of PublicationJamaica
- ImprintIan Randle Publishers,Jamaica
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byDonald A. P. Bundy,Michael Morrissey,Myrna Bernard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.