All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn Challenging Neoliberalism at Turkey's Gezi Park, Gurcan and Peker explore the events of May 31, 2013, when what began as a localized demonstration against the demolition of Gezi Park, a public park in Istanbul turned into a nationwide protest cycle with an unprecedented form and scale never before seen in Turkey's history.
- Author BiographyEfe Can Gurcan is a PhD student in Sociology at Simon Fraser University, Canada. His research interests lie in the areas of Marxism, political sociology (social movements and the state), Latin America, development and food studies, and Turkish politics and society. Efe Peker is a joint-PhD Candidate in Sociology at Simon Fraser University, Canada and History at Universite Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne, France. His research interests focus on the political/historical sociology of social movements and state building, sociology of religion/ideology, modernity and secularism, urban sociology, and labor studies.
- Author(s)Efe Can Gurcan,Efe Peker
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/01/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSocial Movements and Transformation
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight280 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.