All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the way forward for social work in turbulent and increasingly unfriendly contexts? Taking account of the political, ecomic and cultural changes that have impacted on social work over recent years, this book explores the challenges and prepares readers for the realities of practice. McDonald goes on to engage in a comprehensive, theoretically informed yet accessible analysis of why social work needs to reconstitute itself and why it needs to develop new responses. Using an international range of examples, this text will make an important contribution to the ongoing debate about the character and purpose of social work.
- Author BiographyCATHERINE MCDONALD is Senior Lecturer in the School of Social Work and Applied Human Sciences, University of Queensland, Australia. She has published widely on social work and social policy and has a particular interest in the impact of welfare reform on social work.
- Author(s)Catherine McDonald
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication23/06/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.