All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the fact that transnational movement and intercultural encounter are the signs of our present time, questions of belonging and legitimation of citizenship in most West-European countries still largely depend on molingual rms and the problematic conflation of the idea of a national language with that of the mother tongue. This volume explores literary negotiations of and challenges to this powerful myth of molingualism in various, mostly West-European cultural contexts. The focus of these explorations ranges from the ethics of mo- and multilingualism and the persistent ideology of nativity and the native speaker, to multilingual strategies and the trials and tribulations of translating multilingual texts. The volume also contains contributions by awarded literary writers, such as Yoko Tawada, Ramsey Nasr, Chika Unigwe and Fouad Laroui: texts that demonstrate the creative multiplicity of language and the disruptive potential of multilingualism in action.
- Author BiographyLiesbeth Minnaard is Assistant Professor of Literary Studies at Leiden University. Till Dembeck is Research Scientist of German Literature at the University of Luxembourg.
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleThamyris/intersecting: Place, Sex & Race
- Series Part/Volume Number28
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Volume editorLiesbeth Minnaard,Till Dembeck
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.