All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chambers Book of Great Speeches is the most comprehensive guide available to the inspired and inspiring speeches that have shaped the world we live in. There are over 250 speakers covered, from Bella Abzug to Emile Zola. Each speaker is introduced with a brief biography setting them in context. Each speech also has an introduction explaining its setting, and is accompanied by marginal tes which fill in any background information. The speeches themselves are international in scope and stretch throughout world history, from ancient times through to twenty-first century orators such as Barack Obama, Steve Jobs and Lord Coe.
- Author BiographyChambers is one of the world's most respected dictionary publishers, appealing particularly to word lovers and those who revel in all the quirks of the English language. Its extensive list of innovative language and reference titles includes the renowned Brewer's list of endlessly browsable dictionaries of phrase and fable, and covers English-language dictionaries and thesauruses for every level of user from school to crossword fan, from English learner to student of slang. Meticulously researched and expertly written, the highly acclaimed Chambers range has been at the forefront of presenting knowledge and learning in an engaging and accessible way since it was first established in the 19th century.
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1420 g
- Width190 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine46 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.