All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCHAMPIONSHIP SEASON is meant as a starting point and it uses the basics of training theory and science, along with the author's own experience, to provide templates and a pallet for building a throws training program. It offers some general training theory along with concepts and ideas that are important for developing the young throws athlete, and includes an explanation of each of the training elements in the workouts. It also contains examples of training menus for each of the training elements used in a day to day training program.
- Author BiographyRoss Richardson has been working with youth in athletics since 1991 when he started coaching football at a small high school in rural Illinois. After six years of coaching high school football and track he became a collegiate coach and has spent the last 18 years coaching track and field at the collegiate level. During most of this time he has worked with the throws groups. He has coached in such conferences as the NJCAA, Ivy League, Big Ten and ACC. He has been very fortunate to work with National Champions, Olympic Trials qualifiers, All-Americans and Conference record holders. He is a USATF Level II Certified coach in the Throws and Jumps and has been recognized as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. He was a thrower on the track team and played football at Monmouth College in Illinois, where he won All-American honors in both sports. He was inducted into the Monmouth College Athletic Hall of Fame in 2003.
- Author(s)Ross Richardson
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.