Chance Rules: An Informal Guide to Probability, Risk and Statistics by Brian S. Everitt (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChance continues to govern our lives in the 21st Century. From the genes we inherit and the environment into which we are born, to the lottery ticket we buy at the local store, much of life is a gamble. In business, education, travel, health, and marriage, we take chances in the hope of obtaining something better. Chance colors our lives with uncertainty, and so it is important to examine it and try to understand about how it operates in a number of different circumstances. Such understanding becomes simpler if we take some time to learn a little about probability, since probability is the natural language of uncertainty. This second edition of Chance Rules again recounts the story of chance through history and the various ways it impacts on our lives. Here you can read about the earliest gamblers who thought that the fall of the dice was controlled by the gods, as well as the modern geneticist and quantum theory researcher trying to integrate aspects of probability into their chosen speciality. Example included in the first addition such as the infamous Monty Hall problem, tossing coins, coincidences, horse racing, birthdays and babies remain, often with an expanded discussion, in this edition. Additional material in the second edition includes, a probabilistic explanation of why things were better when you were younger, consideration of whether you can use probability to prove the existence of God, how long you may have to wait to win the lottery, some court room dramas, predicting the future, and how evolution scores over creationism. Chance Rules lets you learn about probability without complex mathematics.
- Author(s)Brian S. Everitt
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/09/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 1999
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.35New
- AU $7.78Used
- AU $21.21New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.03New
- AU $6.47Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.70New
- AU $11.12Used
- AU $19.95New
- AU $32.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $29.92
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $29.92
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.32
- AU $101.89Trending at AU $118.47
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.