Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Martin spoke afresh, he sounded like someone Steve had heard from the doorway of the bookmaker's. 'Go on then: heads ...' And so a matter of some consequence is settled on the toss of a coin. For Steve, gambling on the outcome of a cricket match, having a flutter on the horses, trying his luck on scratch cards, even playing virtual roulette, are thing daunting. But then Steve is only sixteen years old, and doesn't have anything much to lose. For his stepfather Martin, who has mortgaged the roof over the family's head to underwrite his latest business enterprise, the stakes are considerably higher, however ... Chancing It is set in a rthern city undergoing radical change, a region of light industry and heavy betting. Its all-too-human characters move to the music of their speech and of their compulsions, while being convinced, some of them, that what they move to is a music altogether different, and altogether more mysterious.
- Author BiographyMatthew Yorke was born in London in 1958 and now works in Leeds as an engineer. He is author of one previous novel, The March Fence, for which he won the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize, and editor of Surviving: The Uncollected Works of Henry Green.
- Author(s)Matthew Yorke
- PublisherThe Waywiser Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Waywiser Press
- Weight213 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.90Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.