All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe collapse of communism and the adoption of parliamentary democracy led to rapid and dramatic educational change in countries formerly under the control of the Soviet Union. Leaders of the affected countries ackwledged the need to develop educational systems during the rebuilding process and embraced this transformation in a short period of time. This has provided researchers with a unique opportunity to investigate educational change as a 'living laboratory'. In this book, the authors explore the complex nature of change in five former communist countries: Russia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and East Germany. The authors consider: * Educational change as a process rather than as a event * A comparison of such changes against a model for educational change developed by Michael Fullan for understanding large-scale educational reform * Analysis of issues at the national level where the original impetus for change has occurred With contributors from countries affected by such changes, this book provides an insight into the process of educational change as a result of revolution rather than evolution. This book will be of great interest to academics and researchers of educational change and those involved with educational reform. It will also interest those looking at comparative education models and postgraduate students focussing their studies on issues of educational change and reform.
- Author BiographyMichael Fullan is Dean of the Ontarion Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto. He has published widely on the topic of educational change. He has received numerous awards for his contributions to education, including the Canadian Educational Association 'Whitworth Award for Educational Research'. He is RoutledgeFalmer's best selling author. Eleoussa Polyzoi is Professor of Education and Coordinator of Development Studies at the University of Winnipeg. John P. Anchan is Assistant Professor of Education at the University of Winnipeg.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byEleoussa Polyzoi,John P. Anchan,Michael G. Fullan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.