Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionA control chart is often used to detect a change in a process. Following a control chart signal, kwledge of the time and magnitude of the change would simplify the searchforand identification of the assignable cause. In this research, emphasis is placed on count processes where overdispersion has occurred. Overdispersion is common in practice and occurs when the observed variance is larger than the theoretical variance of the assumed model. Although the Poisson model is often used to model count data, the two parameter gamma-Poisson mixture parameterization of the negative bimial distribution is often a more adequate model for overdispersed count data. In this research effort, maximum likelihood estimators for the time of a step change in each of the parameters of the gamma-Poisson mixture model are derived. MonteCarlo simulation is used to evaluate the rootmean square error performance of these estimators to determine their utility in estimating the change point, following a control chart signal. Results show that the estimators provide process engineers with accurate and useful estimates for the time of step change. In addition, an approach for estimating a confidence set for the process change point will be presented.
- Author(s)Brian A Wilken
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight218 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.