All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChange for the Better is for anyone interested in making lasting changes in both their inner and outer lives. It uses a conversational style to help readers identify their own learned patterns of thinking and relating that underlie and contribute to emotional suffering such depression, anxiety, phobia, eating disorders, relationship and psychosomatic problems. It shows readers how to reflect upon their difficulties, identify problems in relating, and stop and revise attitudes that are out of date. Mindfulness- based experiential exercises are incorporated throughout to help urish self awareness and change. This bestselling book has helped many people find ways of dealing with everyday emotional difficulties, and also practitioners of psychotherapy work with their patients. It's continuing popularity has prompted this fourth edition which features up to date thinking and practice from Cognitive Analytic Psychotherapy and from mindfulness. Elizabeth Wilde McCormick has been in practice as a psychotherapist for over twenty five years. She is also a teacher, trainer and writer. She is a founder member of The Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy at Guy's Hospital, London, and the author of a number of best-selling self-help books.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Wilde McCormick has been in practice as a psychotherapist for over thirty years in both private and NHS settings. She is also a teacher, trainer and writer. Her background is in social psychiatry, humanistic and transpersonal psychology and cognitive analytic therapy. She has had an interest for many years in the interface between psychotherapy and mindfulness and in the process of change. She is a founder member of The Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy and the author of a number of books including Living On The Edge, Surviving Breakdown, The Pale Green Room and Your Heart and You.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Wilde McCormick
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.