All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeveral topics in contemporary educational research in Estonia have been covered in this collection. The professional identities of vocational teachers have been studied in relation to their new professional roles. Important differences in lesson planning have been found between vice and experienced teachers. A longitudinal study of the development of language competence revealed that it is important to provide students with tasks suited to their cognitive level. The metacognitive learning strategy summarizing alone explained 33 per cent of the variation in the reading results of the 2009 PISA study between schools in Estonia. Student argumentation in state exam compositions showed differences on the basis of gender and school type.
- Author BiographyJaan Mikk, Professor of Education (since 1983) and Professor Emeritus (since 2005) at the University of Tartu; publications on school textbooks and achievement tests. Marika Veisson, Professor of Early Childhood Education at the University of Tallinn since 1988; publications on early childhood, child and adolescent development, school and family partnership. Piret Luik, Associate Professor of Educational Technology at the University of Tartu since 2005; publications on ICT in education.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEstonian Studies in Education
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight270 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJaan Mikk,Marika Veisson,Piret Luik
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.