Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.00+ AU $7.20 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by hallsbooks_123
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book in the thrilling YA sequence, Order of Darkness. The year is 1453, and all signs point to it being the end of the world. Accused of heresy and expelled from his monastery, handsome seventeen-year-old, Luca Vero, is recruited by a mysterious stranger to record the end of times across Europe. Commanded by sealed orders, Luca is sent to map the fears of Christendom, and travel to the very frontier of good and evil. Seventeen-year-old Isolde, a Lady Abbess, is trapped in a nunnery to prevent her claiming her rich inheritance. As the nuns in her care are driven mad by strange visions, walking in their sleep, and showing bleeding wounds, Luca is sent to investigate and all the evidence points to Isolde's criminal guilt. Outside in the yard they are building a pyre to burn her for witchcraft. Forced to face the greatest fears of the dark ages - black magic, werewolves, madness - Luca and Isolde embark on a search for truth, their own destinies, and even love as they take the unkwn ways to the real historical figure who defends the boundaries of Christendom and holds the secrets of the Order of Darkness.
- Author BiographyPhilippa Gregory was an established historian and writer when she discovered her interest in the Tudor period and wrote the internationally bestselling novel The Other Boleyn Girl. Her Cousin's War novels, reaching their dramatic conclusion with The King's Curse, were the basis for the highly successful BBC series, The White Queen. Philippa's other great interest is the charity that she founded over twenty years ago: Gardens for the Gambia. She has raised funds and paid for over 200 wells in the primary schools of this poor African country. Philippa is a former student of Sussex University and a PhD and Alumna of the Year 2009 of Edinburgh University. In 2016, she was presented with the Outstanding Contribution to Historical Fiction Award by the Historical Writers' Association. Her love for history and commitment to historical accuracy are the hallmarks of her writing. Philippa lives with her family on a small farm in Yorkshire and welcomes visitors to her site www.PhilippaGregory.com
- Author(s)Philippa Gregory
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Childrens Books
- Content NoteBlack and white line vignettes
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementExport/Ireland ed
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Most relevant reviews
- nannaat906 Feb, 2013by
A story with a dfference
An unusual story by one of my favourite authors, of Medieval times when superstition and heresy was rife and two young people were able to defeat evil and find truth and love.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.