All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe articles in this volume investigate changes in texts that became to be regarded as holy and unchangeable in Judaism and Christianity. The volume seeks to draw attention to the empirical evidence from Qumran, the Septuagint as well as from passages in the Hebrew Scriptures that have been shaped by the use of other texts. The contributions are divided into three main sections: The first section deals with methodological questions concerning textual changes. The second section consists of concrete examples from the Hebrew Bible, Qumran and Septuagint on how the texts were changed, corrected, edited and interpreted. The contributions of the third section will investigate the general influence and impact of Deuteromistic ideology and phraseology on later texts.
- Author BiographyHanne von Weissenberg, Marko Marttila and Juha Pakkala, University of Helsinki.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleBeihefte zur Zeitschrift fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 419
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight775 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byHanne von Weissenberg,Juha Pakkala,Marko Marttila
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.