All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study provides an analysis of the perception of an object and of a human being; thereby, the author concentrates upon misperception, doubt and the consequent changes and modifications of perception insofar as the 'different' perceptions bear upon the 'same' object. It is argued that if one perception turns out to be a misperception and the perceptual sense 'explodes', then something 'different' is perceived. This phemelogy of perception includes the constitution of perceptual sense, the distinction between perceptual sense and perceptual judgement, elements of both constancy and change in the sense content of perception, the possibility of misperception and of doubt, the differentiation and identification of an object or a person, the structural difference of the perception of a human being, a body, a material object, and questions of intersubjectivity and of habits.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Christina Schuees is currently Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Vechta/Germany. She holds a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the Temple University of Philadelphia/USA, and has been a student in philosophy, political science and literature in Hamburg and Philadelphia. She was also a lecturer at the Universities of Villanova/USA, Hamburg and Lueneburg/Germany. Her publications are mostly in the fields of phenomenology, ethics and political philosophy.
- Author(s)Christina Schuees
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- Series TitleNew Studies in Phenomenology / Neue Studien Zur Phanomenologie
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note1 fig.
- Weight430 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.