All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChanging Cold Environments; Implications for Global Climate Change is a comprehensive overview of the changing nature of the physical attributes of Canada's cold environments and the implications of these changes to cold environments on a global scale. The book places particular emphasis on the broader environmental science and sustainability issues that are of increasing concern to all cold regions if present global climate trends continue. Clearly structured throughout, the book focuses on those elements of Canada's cold environments that will be most affected by global climate change namely, the tundra, sub-arctic and boreal forest regions of rthern Canada, and the high mid-latitude mountains of western Canada. Implications are considered for similar environments around the world resulting in a timely text suitable for second and third year undergraduates in the environmental or earth sciences courses.
- Author BiographyHugh French taught at The University of Ottawa, Canada, in the Departments of Geography (1967-2003), Geology (1982-1992) and Earth Sciences (1998-2003). He was President of the International Permafrost Association (1998-2003) and Editor-in-Chief of the Wiley Interscience journal Permafrost and Periglacial Processes (1990-2005). The Third Edition of his widely-used undergraduate text, The Periglacial environment, was published in January 2007 STD 692. He is now Professor Emeritus, University of Ottawa, and Adjunct Professor, Department of Geography, University of Victoria Olav Slaymaker taught at the University College of Wales, Aberystwyth (1964-1968) and at the University of British Columbia in the Department of Geography (1968-2004). He was President of the Canadian Association of Geographers (1991-1992), Editor in Chief of the interdisciplinary journal, Catena and President of the International Association of Geomorphologists. In 2007 he was awarded the degree of Doctor of Science honoris causa by the University of Wales.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight704 g
- Width173 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byHugh M. French,Olav Slaymaker
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.