All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
About this product
- DescriptionChina's growing ecomic, military and political stability have, for the first time, started to gain international recognition. As China increasingly opens up to the world, its unique role in the context of ecomic globalization is becoming more prounced, which is exemplified by its recent membership of the WTO and Beijing's successful bid to host the Olympic Games. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in an explosion in the popularity of English language learning in China, which has, in turn, led to radical reform of the curricula, teaching methods, teacher education and assessment system in China in order to improve standards.This fascinating mograph explores the nature of the implemented English language curriculum in China, focussing, in particular, on the pedagogy of secondary school teachers. There follows an insightful analysis into how such teachers, in different situations and with different backgrounds and motivations, make decisions about what and how they teach, and the extent to which they adapt the promoted methods in the their individual teaching environments. The authors then use their findings to propose an invative and coherent framework, which has far-reaching consequences for pedagogy in China and across the world.
- Author BiographyChris Davison is Associate Professor at University of Hong Kong. Dr Xinmin Zheng is Associate Professor at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics.
- Author(s)Chris Davison,Xinmin Zheng
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/02/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.