All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChurches everywhere are experiencing change. In his thought-provoking book, Professor Robin Gill identifies the main challenges facing the church and reflects on how Christians should respond.He first studies the immense moral challenges of our rapidly changing world: religion and the environment, the arms trade (including reflection on the global situation since the attack on New York on 11 September 2001), media ethics and the Lambeth Conference, and sexual ethics.The second part focuses on the changing patterns of churchgoing and addresses anxieties about churchgoing decline in the West, which run parallel with claims about rapid church growth elsewhere. The third part looks at changes in theological education.The author argues for greater honesty in the church and for a judicious use of both theology and sociology which would equip Christians to face the ermous challenges of our world today.
- Author BiographyRobin Gill is the Michael Ramsay Professor of Modern Theology at the University of Kent, UK.
- Author(s)Robin Gill
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/09/2002
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.