All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe South Leban conflict saw two decades of sustained resistance by the Lebanese to the Israeli occupation. The Lebanese media's role in achieving liberation over this period is significant, through campaigns conducted to unify the Lebanese people against their foreign occupier and in support of the Lebanese resistance in South Leban. This book investigates the culture and performance of Lebanese journalism in this setting. It is a story about journalism told by a journalist who is also using tools of scholarship and research to narrate her story and the story of her fellow journalists. Zahera Harb is also presenting here an alternative interpretation of propaganda under conditions of foreign occupation and the struggle against that occupation. She identifies the characteristics of 'liberation propaganda' through the coverage and experience of the two Lebanese TV stations Tele Liban and Al Manar within the historical, cultural, organisational and religious contexts in which they operated, and how these elements shaped their professional practice and their news values.
- Author BiographyZahera Harb is a Lebanese journalist and academic. She teaches media studies for the Department of Culture, Film and Media at Nottingham University. She has more than ten years' experience as a journalist in Lebanon, working for Lebanese and international media organisations. She started as a news reporter and distinguished herself in the coverage of war operations in the battlefield in south Lebanon. She is a member of the consultancy team of Thomson Foundation, UK, conducting media training for Arab journalists in and outside the Arab World. She is also a review editor for 'Journal of Media Practice'.
- Author(s)Zahera Harb
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight476 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.