All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Character Compass , Scott Seider offers portraits of three high-performing urban schools in Boston, Massachusetts that have made character development central to their mission of supporting student success, yet define character in three very different ways. One school focuses on students' moral character development, ather emphasises civic character development, and the third prioritises performance character development. Drawing on surveys, interviews, field tes, and student achievement data, Character Compass highlights the unique effects of these distinct approaches to character development as well as the implications for parents, educators, and policymakers committed to fostering powerful school culture in their own school communities.
- Author BiographyScott Seider is an assistant professor of education at Boston University and an adjunct lecturer in education at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Scott Seider
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byHoward Gardner
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.