All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe art of character dancing in classical ballet is w almost lost, but when this unique book was first published in Russia in 1939 it still thrived. The authors, all brilliant character dancers themselves, were teachers at the Kirov Ballet and its school, and were establishing a five-year course in character dance at the Kirov School. The first part of the book is devoted to class character exercises and the second part gives specific character dances in various national styles. Character Dance has been translated and adapted by Joan Lawson, a ted specialist in the subject, who herself studied in Leningrad in the 1930's and was for many years a teacher at he Royal Ballet School in London.
- Author(s)Alexander Bocharov,Alexander Shirayev,Andrei Lopoukov
- PublisherDance Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationHampshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDance Books Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight186 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byJ. Lawson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.