Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionA Fermi-style thermal neutron disc chopper was designed, constructed, and calibrated in conjunction with a boron-loaded organic scintillator for use in creating a forward edge neutron time-of-flight spectroscopy technique. The forward edge neutron time-of-flight spectroscopy technique inferred the characteristics of a neutron energy spectrum. The system analyzed the spectrum of a moderated and unmoderated PuBe source with the aid of a MATLAB code. Through the use of pulse shape analysis techniques and energy spectroscopy the thermal neutron capture event was identified and isolated. Data analysis provided positive feedback in the disc chopper's ability to partially attenuate higher energy neutrons in the PuBe spectrum. The analyzed data from the MATLAB code indicates the forward edge neutron spectroscopy technique works; however, in terms of an application useful for passive interrogation the system's low efficiency and cumbersome size prove too prohibitive.
- Author(s)Jeffrey S Spear
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight245 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.