All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe many odd, eccentric, and bizarre characters from the diamond who played in the early days of baseball from the 1800s through the Deadball Era are brought to life in this humorous, off-beat book by Ronald T. Waldo. While many stories are about the game's greats such as John McGraw, Frank Chance, Cap Anson, and Rube Waddell, the exploits of little-kwn players like J.A. Brown, Arthur Evans, Hatpin O'Hagan, Sleepy Bill Burns, and Jack Hendricks are covered as well.
- Author BiographyRonald T. Waldo has written six books on baseball history, including Fred Clarke: A Biography of the Baseball Hall of Fame Player-Manager (2010), The Battling Bucs of 1925: How the Pittsburgh Pirates Pulled Off the Greatest Comeback in World Series History (2011), Hazen Kiki Cuyler: A Baseball Biography (2012), Pennant Hopes Dashed by the Homer in the Gloamin': The Story of How the 1938 Pittsburgh Pirates Blew the National League Pennant (2013), The 1902 Pittsburgh Pirates: Treachery and Triumph (2015), and Honus Wagner and His Pittsburgh Pirates: Scenes from a Golden Era (2015).
- Author(s)Ronald T. Waldo
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note11 black & white halftones
- Weight553 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.