Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough fictional characters have long dominated the reception of literature, films, television programs, comics, and other media products, only recently have they begun to attract their due attention in literary and media theory. The book systematically surveys today's diverse and at times conflicting theoretical perspectives on fictional character, spanning research on topics such as the differences between fictional characters and real persons, the ontological status of characters, the strategies of their representation and characterization, the psychology of their reception, as well as their specific forms and constellations in - and across - different media, from the book to the internet.
- Author BiographyJens Eder, Johannes Gutenberg-Universitat Mainz; Fotis Jannidis, Julius-Maximilians-Universitat Wurzburg; Ralf Schneider, Universitat Bielefeld.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRevisionen
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 12 schw.-w. Abb.
- Weight994 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byFotis Jannidis,Jens Eder,Ralf Schneider
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.