All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $56.24Free postage
- AU $63.18Free postage
About this product
- Description2015 James Beard Award minee 2015 Gourmand World Cookbook Award minee Charcuteria: The Soul of Spain is the first book to introduce authentic Spanish butchering and meat-curing techniques to America. Included are more than 100 traditional Spanish recipes, straightforward illustrations providing easy-to-follow steps for amateur and professional butchers, and gorgeous full-color photography of savory dishes, Iberian countrysides, and centuries-old Spanish cityscapes. Jeffrey Weiss has written an entertaining, extravagantly detailed guide on Spanish charcuterie, which is deservedly becoming more celebrated on the global stage. While Spain stands cheek-to-jowl with other great cured-meat-producing nations like Italy and France, the unique charcuterie traditions of Spain are perhaps the least understood of this trifecta. Americans have most likely never tasted the sheer eye-rolling deliciousness that is cured Spanish meats: chorizo, the garlic-and-pimenton-spiked ambassador of Spanish cuisine; morcilla, the family of blood sausages flavoring regional cuisine from Barcelona to Badajoz; and jamon, the acorn-scented, modern-day crown jewel of Spain's charcuteria legacy. Charcuteria is a collection of delicious recipes, uproarious anecdotes, and time-hored Spanish cuisine and culinary traditions. The author has amassed years of experience working with the cured meat traditions of Spain, and this book will surely become a standard guide for both professional and home cooks.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Weiss is a professional chef with more than 15 years of experience, having cooked with James Beard award-winning chef Jose Andres and Spanish-based chefs Dani Garcia and Adolfo Munoz. He is one of a select few Americans to earn the prestigious ICEX culinary scholarship that allowed him to live in Spain, learn the regional cuisines, and cook in the kitchens of top Spanish chefs. He graduated from the Mission College School of Hospitality Management and Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration. He lives in Monterey, CA. Jose Andres was named Outstanding Chef by the James Beard Foundation in 2011. He is an internationally recognized culinary innovator, cookbook author, television personality, hunger issues advocate, and the chef/owner of ThinkFoodGroup. He lives in Bethesda, MD. Nathan Rawlinson is a James Beard-nominated photographer based in New York City. He graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and worked at Eleven Madison Park as a manager and sommelier for four years before starting his photography business. His work has been featured in The New York Times, Time.com, and GrubStreet.com. Sergio Mora is an illustrator based in Barcelona.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Weiss
- PublisherSurrey Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/12/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSurrey Books,U.S.
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, Color and B&W illustrations throughout
- Weight1914 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sergio Mora
- Photographer(s)Nathan Rawlinson
- Foreword byJose Andres
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.