Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionIt has been suggested that local parity violation (LPV) in Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD) would lead to charge separation of quarks by the Chiral Magnetic Effect (CME) in heavy ion collisions. Charge Multiplicity Asymmetry Correlation Study Searching for Local Parity Violation at RHIC for STAR Collaboration presents the detailed study of charge separation with respect to the event plane. Results on charge multiplicity asymmetry in Au+Au and d+Au collisions at 200 GeV by the STAR experiment are reported. It was found that the correlation results could t be explained by CME alone. Additionally, the charge separation signal as a function of the measured azimuthal angle range as well as the event-by-event anisotropy parameter are studied. These results indicate that the charge separation effect appears to be in-plane rather than out-of-plane. It is discovered that the charge separation effect is proportional to the event-by-event azimuthal anisotropy and consistent with zero in events with zero azimuthal anisotropy. These studies suggest that the charge separation effect, within the statistical error, may be a net effect of event anisotropy and correlated particle production. A potential upper limit on the CME is also presented through this data.
- Author BiographyCurrent affiliation: Quan Wang University of Kansas Department of Physics and Astronomy 1082 Malott, 1251 Wescoe Hall Dr. Lawrence, KS 66045-7582 Research performed at: Purdue University West Lafayette, IN USA Quan Wang received his PhD in 2012 from Purdue University. His work has been recognized with the George W. Tautfest Award from Purdue University for showing outstanding promise in High Energy Physics.
- Author(s)Quan Wang
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 72 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight250 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.